Become a Corporate Member
Corporate Membership is open to all multinational companies operating in Europe who abide by the Seldia Codes of Conduct and are members of at least three DSAs in membership of the Association.
Seldia membership provides the opportunity to:
- gain access to information on EU legislative developments affecting the direct selling industry;
- influence the EU legislative agenda;
- benefit from access to Seldia‘s legal expertise in EU affairs;
- become involved in Seldia’s Legal Affairs committee and so influence its lobbying actions;
- be part of Seldia’s influential Companies Committee;
- network with colleagues at European CEO’s meetings;
- gain access to Seldia website’s private section and its Legal Compendium;
- obtain statistical information on direct selling in Europe (statistics);
- in co-operation with local DSAs become involved in resolving challenging issues
For more information, contact the Seldia office at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Direct Selling
What is direct selling?
Direct selling is a method of marketing and retailing goods and services directly to the consumers, in their homes or in any other location away from permanent retail premises.
It is usually conducted in a face-to-face manner – either where products are demonstrated to an individual , or to a group or where a catalogue is left with the consumer and where the direct seller call as later to collect orders. Unlike direct marketing or mail order, direct selling is based principally on personal contact with the customer.
Main direct selling methods :
Multilevel marketing (MLM) Many direct selling companies, both person-to-person and party plan, are now organised on multilevel principles. This is where direct sellers are given the opportunity, in addition to the rewards from making personal sales, to build their own sales teams. In doing so, they are able to receive additional rewards that come from the sales achieved by those they have recruited trained, helped and motivated.