Become a Corporate Member
Corporate Membership is open to all multinational companies operating in Europe who abide by the Seldia Codes of Conduct and are members of at least three DSAs in membership of the Association.
Seldia membership provides the opportunity to:
- gain access to information on EU legislative developments affecting the direct selling industry;
- influence the EU legislative agenda;
- benefit from access to Seldia‘s legal expertise in EU affairs;
- become involved in Seldia’s Legal Affairs committee and so influence its lobbying actions;
- be part of Seldia’s influential Companies Committee;
- network with colleagues at European CEO’s meetings;
- gain access to Seldia website’s private section and its Legal Compendium;
- obtain statistical information on direct selling in Europe (statistics);
- in co-operation with local DSAs become involved in resolving challenging issues
For more information, contact the Seldia office at email@example.com
Benefits & advantages of direct selling
Empowering women, encouraging entrepreneurship
Direct selling is the oldest channel of distribution. It exists since ages, fulfilling men's basic need to trade and to communicate on the goods they exchange.
From the seller's point of view, the major attraction of direct selling is that it offers an equal and flexible income opportunity to men and women, across all ages, level of experience and social origins. A direct selling activity can be run from home and does not require a high investment. It can start as a part-time activity and develop into a full time job, depending on the time and commitment involved. It is a unique alternative to conventional employment. 31% of direct sellers in Europe come from unemployment or a non-professional area of work1.
For consumers, the benefits of buying through direct selling are multiple: high quality products, opportunity to try and test them in a relaxed and friendly environment, after sales services and guarantee, right of withdrawal and return of goods. The direct selling industry offers high level standards of consumer protection whilst enhancing entrepreneurship for direct sellers.
(1) Ipsos MORI Survey on Direct Selling in Europe(2007)