Become a Corporate Member
Corporate Membership is open to all multinational companies operating in Europe who abide by the Seldia Codes of Conduct and are members of at least three DSAs in membership of the Association.
Seldia membership provides the opportunity to:
- gain access to information on EU legislative developments affecting the direct selling industry;
- influence the EU legislative agenda;
- benefit from access to Seldia‘s legal expertise in EU affairs;
- become involved in Seldia’s Legal Affairs committee and so influence its lobbying actions;
- be part of Seldia’s influential Companies Committee;
- network with colleagues at European CEO’s meetings;
- gain access to Seldia website’s private section and its Legal Compendium;
- obtain statistical information on direct selling in Europe (statistics);
- in co-operation with local DSAs become involved in resolving challenging issues
For more information, contact the Seldia office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Companies & Products
Direct selling is suited to the sale and distribution of almost every category of consumer goods that can be found in traditional retail locations and in department stores. It is also cost effective for the sales of services such as telecoms, gas and electricity supplies.
Cosmetic and personal care products, household items and wellness are the strongest sectors in direct selling. Other products categories include food and beverages, nutritional products, jewelry and clothes, books, toys and game, home improvement products, etc.
Direct selling companies range from those with less than 1 million € annual turnover to medium size and large firms with turnovers above 1 billion €. Some companies operate in just a few countries, some even on a worldwide basis but many more are national or often locally based. A majority of direct selling companies manufacture and control the production of their goods. They invest heavily in research, training and marketing but are also socially responsible companies involved in community programs at local and international levels.