Become a Corporate Member
Corporate Membership is open to all multinational companies operating in Europe who abide by the Seldia Codes of Conduct and are members of at least three DSAs in membership of the Association.
Seldia membership provides the opportunity to:
- gain access to information on EU legislative developments affecting the direct selling industry;
- influence the EU legislative agenda;
- benefit from access to Seldia‘s legal expertise in EU affairs;
- become involved in Seldia’s Legal Affairs committee and so influence its lobbying actions;
- be part of Seldia’s influential Companies Committee;
- network with colleagues at European CEO’s meetings;
- gain access to Seldia website’s private section and its Legal Compendium;
- obtain statistical information on direct selling in Europe (statistics);
- in co-operation with local DSAs become involved in resolving challenging issues
For more information, contact the Seldia office at email@example.com
“I run a direct selling company which has operations in Europe; how can I join Seldia?”
Seldia has two categories of members: national Direct Selling Associations (DSAs) of 27 European countries and multinational direct selling companies having operations in Europe (Corporate Members). To be eligible for seldia’s Corporate Membership, a direct selling company must be a member of at least three EU DSAs in membership of seldia. The first step is to apply for membership in national DSAs.
“I would like to start a direct selling activity; what should I check first?”
- Select a company with a product/service that appeals to you; if you like the product, you will find it easier to recommend it to others;
“What is the difference between direct selling and multilevel marketing?”
Direct selling is a channel of distribution, a way of marketing products and services. Multilevel marketing or network marketing refers to a way of organising a direct selling business. A company using multilevel marketing remunerates its direct sellers, or distributors, on the basis of both their personal sales and also the sales achieved by those others that they have recruited, trained, helped and motivated.
“What is the difference between direct selling and direct marketing?”
Direct selling always implies a face-to-face contact between the seller and the customer, either on a person-to-person manner or in a home party. In direct marketing, such as catalogue sales or e-commerce, the seller and the consumer never meet each other.
“What is a Code Administrator?”
The Code Administrator is an independent person or body appointed by a Direct Selling Association (DSA) to monitor member companies’ observance of the DSA’s Code of Conduct and to resolve complaints.