Become a Corporate Member
Corporate Membership is open to all multinational companies operating in Europe who abide by the Seldia Codes of Conduct and are members of at least three DSAs in membership of the Association.
Seldia membership provides the opportunity to:
- gain access to information on EU legislative developments affecting the direct selling industry;
- influence the EU legislative agenda;
- benefit from access to Seldia‘s legal expertise in EU affairs;
- become involved in Seldia’s Legal Affairs committee and so influence its lobbying actions;
- be part of Seldia’s influential Companies Committee;
- network with colleagues at European CEO’s meetings;
- gain access to Seldia website’s private section and its Legal Compendium;
- obtain statistical information on direct selling in Europe (statistics);
- in co-operation with local DSAs become involved in resolving challenging issues
For more information, contact the Seldia office at email@example.com
Old Business Model Dusted Off and Given A Shine
With Avon fending off unwanted acquisition attempts, most recently from rival Coty, direct selling has come under the spotlight. Built originally on door-to-door sales of make-up, the publicly traded company has made news in the past two years not only for making losses – but also for venturing into a rapidly growing sector, direct sales jewellery.
Since 2010, Avon has expanded the focus of its younger beauty brand, adding trend-driven costume jewellery and advertising it with such faces as Twilight’s Ashley Greene. In July of that year, the company also bought Silpada, a sterling silver jewellery company with $230m in annual revenue.